Streaming to a mobile device

Raddad59

• 2 months later...

Many of my listeners are using either android, ipad, or iphone devices. For the most part the flash player will work on android devices but everything I've tried on the iPad, iPhone and non-flash android devices fails. I can see them connect to the stream at the server but it immediately disconnects.

I have tried changing the URL and using the mp3 extension instead of the m3u extension to no avail.

Bottom line: unless the mobile user has a windows phone or uses a device that supports flash it will not play on that device.

Anyone else run into this and have any suggestions or solutions?

**Raddad59** - does entering the URL directly into the address bar work for you?

• 2 months later...

has any one figured out how to stream broadwave on android? I have a galaxy s4 with android version 4.2.2 on it and no matter which app I chose to stream it, they all say "the url could not be played." it worked on my iphone for the last year until I recently upgraded. any soullutions as to an app I should use? Thanks :)

• 3 months later...

Since my previous post, I've got an Android phone now. I've installed "Servestream" from the play store and it works just great. It takes a little longer to start playing than when I connect to a shoutcast server (for example), bit otherwise it does what I need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The html link to m3u files works fine on my ipad for me, listening to multile feed at the same time, all audio mixed are played by the ipad added to the other apps sounds. For sure, if someone comes with an iOS apps to organised and play my feed, with auto restart when connection lost, etc, for $2 I would purchase it!