Removing Staves - One At A Time From Page

chheyden

Under Help Topics I see Setting up Parts and Staves. The second step states select "Parts and Staves." Deleting then removes the stave in both pag​es. How do I unhook the two pages so that doesn't occur and I can delete just the stave on one page?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 1/29/2013 at 12:12 AM, chheyden said:

Under Help Topics I see Setting up Parts and Staves. The second step states select "Parts and Staves." Deleting then removes the stave in both pages. How do I unhook the two pages so that doesn't occur and I can delete just the stave on one page?

Hasn't this improved in the new updates since 2013? It should be possible to delete a stave that is completely empty in one system.

Besides deleting a stave that is completely empty in a single system, I would like to be able to adjust the size and spacing of staves independently for different parts. For example, if you have a part on two staves for four singing voices, the spacing needs to be larger to accommodate the words, whereas for a second part containing the piano accompaniment, that extra space is unnecessary and unsightly.