All my audio is gone!

172pilot

Hi,

I downloaded the demo version, and built a mix of 12 or 13 different song segments into a project, and was able to export an MP3 successfully. I was asked to make a few changes, so I came back to my file, to find out that my 14 day had expired. I clicked to "continue" (with features disabled as it said) and found that my audio was gone, and all I saw was the placement of my clips, with my envelope settings (volume settings) for each track showing, but NO digital audio.

I thought "Gee - that must be what they mean by features disabled", and thought that since I had been relatively happy with my ability to use the program, I went ahead and paid for, and registered the program.

Now, I go back into the program, and find the EXACT same situation, so I think now that my project is corrupt!?

Please tell me I didn't lose my project!! Is there some circumstance that would cause all the digital audio to be missing?

Any help is appreciated, otherwise, I'm afraid I just wasted $40 if I can't trust this system to save my projects!!

Not sure if this will be of any help, but have you searched your computer for the files?

MixPad will save files to a default folder (somewhere) - I always set my destination folder before saving. Good Luck!

edit: I realize now that you are referring to the 'project'; I was thinking about exported audio files. sorry

Guest N C H_TM

Which version of MixPad are you using? There was a known bug in version 3.23 that has been fixed. The most recent release is version 3.27.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N C H_TM

Unfortunately, yes, you'll most likely have to recreate the project with the new release. The bug was with temporary files that were created by the project and since those temp files are now gone, you will probably not be able to recover those. Some users have reported success using the Clip Manager to retrieve some of their files in the project, but that may not work in every case. There's a toolbar button for the Clip Manager on the Home tab.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having this issue as well, in version 3.55 (paid version). It was working fine all day yesterday, but now there is no volume when I try to play a track. All volume is up, tracks are enabled, etc.

I'm also having an issue where I copy a portion of a track, but when I open a new project and paste the copied portion, it pastes an empty track (not the audio that I clearly copied).

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, yes, you'll most likely have to recreate the project with the new release. The bug was with temporary files that were created by the project and since those temp files are now gone, you will probably not be able to recover those. Some users have reported success using the Clip Manager to retrieve some of their files in the project, but that may not work in every case. There's a toolbar button for the Clip Manager on the Home tab.

Sure glad I paid money for this!

Sorry to hear that as late as 2013 MixPad users are still encountering the problems in V 3.55 as were happening in V2.XX.

I chose MixPad in the past because it was all that I needed: multitrack, clean layout and good playback...when it doesn't crash or can't open mpdp files from earlier

versions. Kinda frustrating...when was the last time you saw MixPad in studio?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

yesterday i have worked on a song 8hours straight. but today i see my project. its all freaking empty. what a shame ur NCH cant take care of ur coustomers. and the folder is also there with data of .aud, but i want my project back.u cant fix a single bug, same problem every time. reply me nch, yes i am angry. i have worked and this what i get. damn.

Hi akashdeep,

Please note that this thread is nearly 2 years old. If you want assistance I would recommend starting a new topic with a clear description of what has gone wrong. We will do our best to help you.

Regards,

Ben

• 4 years later...

Hi, I know this thread is old, but I've encountered this issue too multiple times in the past (since 2015, I think?) and apparently the problem still persists in 2021.

I'm using version 7.49 on a Galaxy S20 FE with an Android 11. Just now I recorded multiple acappella tracks and was editing it. I minimized mixpad into the background for a bit (I've done this multiple times before this point) to pair my bluetooth earphones. When I opened it back up, all my audios flatlined, the undo/redo buttons are inactive, and the history only has a single "Open Project". The tracks placeholders are still in place, the names are still correct, and the effects are all still there.

I know I can't salvage my audios and need to redo everything from scratch. I'm just here to let developers know this problem is still happening years later. I hope it can be fixed but for now I'm uninstalling.

Edited by Sadly
adding 2015

I recommend you to uninstall the app, restart the device and reinstall from the PlayStore to make sure you are using the latest version. In case the issue persists, I would suggest to submit a support ticket here https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html since the issue may require further investigation. In any case, it is always recommended to save your work every time you make changes and before going outside the app (even if you do not close it) to avoid this kind of issues.