Skipping in Windows 7

Todesengel

If this is a repost, I apologize, I tried creating this yesterday but don't see my post now.

I'm running Win 7 64 bit and Express Scribe is skipping when playback speed is approximately 125% or greater. I've played the same files (.mp3 format) on a Vista 32 bit system and the skipping does not occur.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

• 3 months later...

If this is a repost, I apologize, I tried creating this yesterday but don't see my post now.

I'm running Win 7 64 bit and Express Scribe is skipping when playback speed is approximately 125% or greater. I've played the same files (.mp3 format) on a Vista 32 bit system and the skipping does not occur.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

I am having the exact same problem and have never had this before while using express Scribe, even on a different laptop that also runs Win 7. Please help!

I am having the exact same problem and have never had this before while using express Scribe, even on a different laptop that also runs Win 7. Please help!

Yay!! Just found the fix. Downloaded the Express Scribe 5.55 update, which I read on line fixed this problem and it worked!! Could not locate this update on NCH website so went to CNET downloads http://download.cnet.com/Express-Scribe/3001-2079_4-10060252.html?idl=n&spi=54e87feec15c6b5751bbcff1de90ed98

It worked! Hope this helps someone else. :)