Express Scribe won't launch

DeeWP

I have the pro version of Express Scribe and up until today have not had any problems. However, today I cannot get the program to launch on my PC - it just hangs. I can't stop it from trying to access the program (by cntrl, alt, delete) or try launching it again (from desktop icon or program list). I am totally stuck and unable to do my work. Any help PLEASE!

Just wanted to add that I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and still the problem exists. The icon for Express Scribe appears in the task bar at the bottom toolbar but it doesn't actually open. I now have four icons showing Express Scribe but it isn't accessible or usable. It's the only software I have for transcription so today I won't be working until this gets resolved. I have never had a problem with this software before.

Guest romer-n-c-h

Just wanted to add that I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and still the problem exists. The icon for Express Scribe appears in the task bar at the bottom toolbar but it doesn't actually open. I now have four icons showing Express Scribe but it isn't accessible or usable. It's the only software I have for transcription so today I won't be working until this gets resolved. I have never had a problem with this software before.

Please open a ticket with our support team, they should be able to help

http://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

• 6 months later...

This is the exact same problem I have been having for nearly two weeks now and I'm getting really angry. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at leas three times. Even the essetup.exe file won't run now!

I lodged a ticket with support, explained the problem in detail, and (incredibly!) two days later received a response along the lines of have I tried turning my computer on and off again!! Talk about insulting.

Since then I have sent numerous screenshots and detailed emails about the problem, with no help.

I am a self-employed medical transcriptionist. Time is money and I am having both wasted hugely. My clients are not happy with the delay in their turnaround time.

I used Express Scribe for years without any problem. I finally purchased a licence and have had problems ever since. It was reasonably stable for a while but in the last few weeks it has gone steadily downhill to today, where I can't do anything at all as I don't even have the program loaded.

Today, after yet another uninstall (and I must mention that I was not even able to uninstall the program from the add/delete programs section as it just hung, like everything else connected with the program does now, I had to manually delete files), I can't even reinstall it from the essetup.exe!

So here I am, Monday morning, nearly 7 am, having wasted an hour already on this, with a heap of work ahead of me and no Express Scribe.

I am at a total loss. I am desperate to get this sorted out. Having paid for a licence, I would have expected some reasonable level of support and have received none. Every now and then last week, when I could get it to run then it would crash, I would lodge a detailed crash report but I haven't heard anything.

Please. Is there ANYONE out there in NCH land who can help me? The situation has gone from desperate and frantic to absolutely critical code red now.

Someone? Please?