Downloading Express Scribe/Windows 7

Ealah

Hi, I have used Express Scribe for years on my old computer (Windows XP). I recently had to get a new machine (Windows 7) and tried to download Express Scribe. First, it downloaded and seemed to install fine, but I could not get any files to play. I uninstalled it (I thought), but the .exe file is still in my download folder and when I try to delete it, it says "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Express Scribe." It also doesn't do anything when I click on it, i.e., open or install a program.

I've got work to do for a client and I NEED this application!!

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it Windows 7 or me??

Thanks so much!!

Thank you, I did this, but since I have not purchased support, I'm pretty sure I won't hear anything at least for a while. I still cannot seem to get ES to work with my Windows 7 computer, even though a techie friend accesssed it remotely, removed all the files and I started over.

Any thoughts? I really need this program!

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

I am having this same issue. My old computer is in the shop (and has Windows 7 on it, but had ES on it as well and was working fine), and now I'm trying to install ES on my hubby's brand-new computer and it's a no go for playing any audio at all. :(