Print Ship to on invoice

GrahamW

I am using the latest version of EA (4.44) and I have a bill to address and a ship to address. It shows on the invoice but when I preview it the ship to is missing and I can't find anywhere in the options to activate it.

All I can find is on the invoice screen itself you have a check box to uncheck if ship to is different from bill to and I have unchecked this.

Does anyone have any idea how it can be printed on the invoice.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham

I see your issue. What I was able to do was to print a packing slip. This has both the ship to and bill to on it. It is not the same as an invoice - but hopefully that will help your situation. Print a packing slip to place in the package and print the invoice to send to the payer. Not ideal -- I agree there should be a way to print the ship to on the invoice -- but I think you would have to request this as an enhancement to the programmers.

Hope that helps.

Ken

Hi Graham

I see your issue. What I was able to do was to print a packing slip. This has both the ship to and bill to on it. It is not the same as an invoice - but hopefully that will help your situation. Print a packing slip to place in the package and print the invoice to send to the payer. Not ideal -- I agree there should be a way to print the ship to on the invoice -- but I think you would have to request this as an enhancement to the programmers.

Hope that helps.

Ken

Graham -- I was also able to take an existing invoice - uncheck the box and changed only the zip code on the ship to. The invoice showed the shipto and it printed. SO I guess if they ship to and the bill to are EXACTLY the same -- it will not print. Make sure they are different and it should work. Let me know your results -- mine were good.

Hi Ken,

I have tried everything. A total dummy address was used and it still won't work. The weird thing is it is on the invoice but when previewed it is blank. To get around it I have been using the packing slip for some time now, it's just a pain though when a straight forward thing should work

Graham

Hi Ken,

I have tried everything. A total dummy address was used and it still won't work. The weird thing is it is on the invoice but when previewed it is blank. To get around it I have been using the packing slip for some time now, it's just a pain though when a straight forward thing should work

Graham

Hi Graham

Interesting. I am having no issue except that if I uncheck the box and leave the two addresses the same - the program detects no change and does not print the SHIP-TO. As long as I uncheck the box and make sure it is different - it works.

One thing I did notice -- the Ship to prints very close to the right edge. I have not tried it -- but it makes me wonder if the ship to were long (i.e., longer that the space they have provided for it to print -- if the program would recognize that it is too long an not print it.) I may try that to see what happens. Could again be some sort of printing issue based upon the size of the ship to field like it was in the header. Of course, the best thing to do in this case would be for them to wrap it instead of suppressing it - but it would not surprise me.

I will let you know if I get any results similar to yours.