If I pay for the pro version, will it copy and paste?

eloiserat

So, I had been using the free version of Express Scribe for about a year. Then recently I upgraded the operating system on my computer and was having some trouble when I would open Express Scribe, namely, that it would cause the whole computer to freeze.

I figured, maybe I'll just get rid of this and redownload it, and maybe it will work better with my new operating system.

Well, I did and, of course, it's the Express Scribe Pro trial version and not the free version. I've seen in this forum that there is no longer a free version for Mac, rats.

But I really need a good transcription program and I would be willing to pay for the Pro version, but...I've noticed that the trial version of this has no copy and paste! That's hardly an upgrade from the free program.

I mean, come on, copy and paste works in almost every program out there. If y'all can have a compressor for the sound files surely the program can have copy and paste! The only way I can actually submit my transcriptions now is to Export Notes and then copy out of that file.

I mean, Express Scribe should really come with a Find and Replace function, too, but that's not such a big deal if I can at least copy and paste text.

Thanks.

OK, well, no one's paying attention. But it's OK, because, fortunately, I had backed up my hard drive before I put in a new OS, so I rebooted from the backup and retrieved my old version of Express Scribe. Yay! Now I don't have to pay $30 for a program that doesn't work right!