Three Questions

Jerbert

Hi, I have three different questions about Express Scribe. First off, I am using version 4.30. I had the newer version and found that the last few words my audio always got cut off, like ES would jump to the end and I couldn't catch the last 5 or so words, but it does play to the end with 4.30, so I just decided to use 4.30.

Question 1: In the newer version I was able to set the duration of the audio (in the window, not a time stamp) to show 30.3, 50.4, et cetera, instead of just 30, 50. These are short 15 to 30 second ads that I'm transcribing and since I get paid by the total duration of the ad, I'd like the have the .3 or whatever to show so I get what's due. Is there a way to set the duration like this in 4.30?

Question 2: In the newer version I after setting the duration above to show the .whatever, I was able to go into File and click on something (although I don't remember what) and it would add up the total amount of duration time of the files I had loaded into Express Scribe. I would know what it was that I clicked on if I saw it, and it's not there in 4.30. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you tell me if there's a way to do this in 4.30. Reason...like I said, these are short ads and there are like 240 of them each time. To go through and manually ad 30.3, 19.7, 40.2, et cetera, 240 of them, would take forever and I'd probably end up having to start over numerous times!

Question 3: In the newer version I was able to set my F11 key to go to the next dictation. In 4.30, I don't see "go to next dictation" as an option. Am I missing something??

I have a feeling that you're going to tell me in order to do these three things that I want to do, I'm going to have to download the newer version... And if that's the case, I guess I'm going to have to choose 'convenience' of questions 1, 2, and 3, or having every last word of my audio play without having to step on my foot pedal 20 times to try to catch the last few words....sigh.....

Thank you so much in advance for any assistance you can give me :) Jodi