Express Scribe DCT files

pperalta

Hello Peter and Roy,

I wanted to find out if the new version of Express Scribe supports the DCT user numbers along with the recording number as we use these to help determine which files to delegate to the individual transcriptionists.

With version 2.04 of Express Scribe when you would navigate to attach a file from MS Outlook and go to-

C:\NCH\Scribe\Current files (or Done files)you could see the user id as well as the recording number. On the most recent versions you can only see the recording number but not the user. This makes it difficult to administrate properly.

Please tell me what can be done to correct this situation, as we would like to upgrade to the new version of E-Scribe. Could I trouble you to email me at the posted email address.

Thanks

Paul

I wanted to find out if the new version of Express Scribe supports the DCT user numbers...

With the the dictation software end - Express Dictate from version 4.00 and later (current version is 4.01) you can specify the file names as you want and include a number of different field including the sender ID in the files names.

Of course you never see the actual file names when you open the files in Express Scribe - but in Express Scribe you see the Sender Name anyway.

By the way you should look at the Express Delegate Dictation Management Software for more.