Wavepad crashes

Guest Charlie

Guest Charlie

Hi,

Every time I save an audio project Wavepad crashes. I have to close and re-open to continue working. Wavepad is not stable under Windows XP prof.

Please help if you have any ideas,

many thanks,

Hi Charlie:

I can't speak directly to any issue of WAVEPAD running on WinXP, having only run it on Win2K and Win95 myself, but I will suggest that you make sure you didn't get a corrupted download. The downloaded SIZE of both the FREE EDITION and the TRIAL MASTERS EDITION should be 455,864 bytes. Before re-installing a newly downloaded version, un-install the old version. Also, if you use any "anonymizing" proxy server-type hardware or service, maybe you might want to try your download without going through it. I've known of cases where that's caused download corruptions.

Jerry

Guest Charlie
Hi Charlie:

I can't speak directly to any issue of WAVEPAD running on WinXP, having only run it on Win2K and Win95 myself, but I will suggest that you make sure you didn't get a corrupted download.  The downloaded SIZE of both the FREE EDITION and the TRIAL MASTERS EDITION should be 455,864 bytes.  Before re-installing a newly downloaded version, un-install the old version.  Also, if you use any "anonymizing" proxy server-type hardware or service, maybe you might want to try your download without going through it.  I've known of cases where that's caused download corruptions.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but I am still getting the same bug.

I checked that it was the right file size as well and this doesn't seem to be the problem either.........

Hi,

Do you mean the File->Save project option? We have not received any report from customers about this before. Can you please give us more details? Thanks.

Hi,

Every time I save  an audio project Wavepad crashes. I have to close and re-open to continue working. Wavepad is not stable under Windows XP prof.

Please help if you have any ideas,

many thanks,

Guest Charlie
Hi,

Do you mean the File->Save project option? We have not received any report from customers about this before. Can you please give us more details? Thanks.

Hi,

Yes File-Save and then wavepad freezes every time - window opens 'wavepad.exe has met with a problem and must close, We are sorry for this inconvenience. Please send this error report to Microsoft.'

Obliged to force Wavepad to close (CTRL+ALT+DEL)

On reopening wavepad the project has in fact been saved.

This is a full version (I paid) it seems that the free ware was more stable.

any ideas?

Charlie

Guest Charlie
Hi,

Yes File-Save and then wavepad freezes every time - window opens 'wavepad.exe has met with a problem and must close, We are sorry for this inconvenience. Please send this error report to Microsoft.'

Obliged to force Wavepad to close (CTRL+ALT+DEL)

On reopening wavepad the project has in fact been saved.

This is a full version (I paid) it seems that the free ware was more stable.

any ideas?

Charlie

Hi, a real bummer, I tried disinstalling wavepad because I thought I had a corrupted download and now I can't resinstall the full version that I paid for cause the registration keys won't work. Impossible to contact the developers as well. Left thinking that I got ripped off..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've had exactly the same problem. Save file and wavepad freezes. Have to ctr-alt-del to continue, only problem is the file has been destroyed! It is reduced in size to a mere 58k and all my work is lost. When I export as an mp3 this doesn't seem to happen, but I really would like to be able to save my work after having spent time on it... Please help anyone!! Ali.

Guest Guest_David_*

dwaldy@yahoo.com

Hi, I've had exactly the same problem.  Save file and wavepad freezes.  Have to ctr-alt-del to continue, only problem is the file has been destroyed!  It is reduced in size to a mere 58k and all my work is lost.  When I export as an mp3 this doesn't seem to happen, but I really would like to be able to save my work after having spent time on it... Please help anyone!!  Ali.

I've had the same problem as Ali. I was saving small selections from a large file when the program froze. I had to use ctrl-alt-del also and, when I reopened WavePad the large file had been reduced to a very small file. Help. David