Distorting

Guest Macro Black

Guest Macro Black

When ever I edit a song then play it back the song always distorts. The edited song has all of the same settings as my other songs but it distorts. Does any one know why?

~`~

Macro Black

The Best.

Hi Macro:

Tell us a little about your editing process. Are you starting with a sound file, or are you recording something new into WAVEPAD? What kind of editing? Just cutting-and-pasting (to move sections of the song around), or are you applying EFFECTS (amplification, stretching, shortening) portions of your song?

(Sorry for all the questions. I used to use my Crystal Ball for these things, but it was recalled by the manufacturer when it was discovered that my model was prone to bursting into flame when involved in rear-end collisions.)

Jerry

Guest Macro Black

I took a song, cut it to make it shorter ( it was 15 min), then I made the end fade out. Then I saved it as a .mp3. Thats it, no real cool effects or anything to muck it up.

Hi Macro:

OK -- let's make some tests. For the tests, don't run any other programs "in the background." Let WAVEPAD have all the computer resources.

First make a COPY of the file you are starting with (so we don't mess it up while we fool around with the copy). Let's call it "TEST.MP3".

Now, start WAVEPAD, and load TEST.MP3. WavePad will convert the MP3 to a WAV file and display a waveform. Slide the cursor to the loudest part of the waveform, and play a little of the loudest part. Look at the green VU meters in the lower right part of the screen. Are they showing any RED?

Stop playing the file, and don't make any edits.

From the FILE menu, click on "SAVE FILE AS..."

Name the saved file "TEST.WAV".

Now, again from the FILE menu, click on "SAVE FILE AS..."

Change the SAVE AS TYPE dropdown to "MP3".

Name the saved file "TEST2.MP3".

Now, close WAVEPAD.

Play the three files (TEST.MP3, TEST.WAV, TEST2.MP3) in another player (maybe Windows Media Player) -- which files, if any, sound distorted?

Jerry

Guest Macro Black

I redownloaded the song that I edited it was distorted. So I guess that I forgot that the song was like that beforeI edited it. case closed!

• 2 weeks later...

can somebody help me? i took a song and i used the effects menu to change the speed of the song, but now there is this robotic voice on the background. If anyone can help me, email me to tim_skold999@yahoo.com. ill appreciate any kind of help. thank you