use w/mac & pc??

Guest melita

I am trying to find out if I (Mac user) can dictate into a digital recorder, use Express Scribe to save audio file, and then send as an email attachment to my typist (PC user). My company recently provided our typists with Sony Digital Voice Editor transcription pedal and some employees bought Sony ICD-SX25 digital recorder. Although the Sony software is not compatible with Mac OS, it is supposed to work with a variety of file formats, including .wav. I am wondering how I can make this work for me. One possibility I thought of is if my typist downloads the PC version of Express Scribe and I download the Mac version, would we be able to use it together? Thanks for any/all help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Danny Morris

So far we have had no luck with this. A Mac user is sending us files in various formats but they're not working in the PC world. Quicktime will handle the aif file, but ExpressScribe won't. We'll keep checking back to see if someone else has any suggestions or solutions.

I am trying to find out if I (Mac user) can dictate into a digital recorder, use Express Scribe to save audio file, and then send as an email attachment to my typist (PC user). My company recently provided our typists with Sony Digital Voice Editor transcription pedal and some employees bought Sony  ICD-SX25 digital recorder. Although the Sony software is not compatible with Mac OS, it is supposed to work with a variety of file formats, including .wav.  I am wondering how I can make this work for me. One possibility I thought of is if my typist downloads the PC version of Express Scribe and I download the Mac version, would we be able to use it together? Thanks for any/all help.

Guest Danny Morris

:D I've got the solution. I've downloaded a copy of Smacker (www.radgametools.com). It will convert the aif to a wav file and then Express Scribe will work with it. Don't know why Express Scribe claims to work with aif and then it chokes, but Smacker saved the day for us!

So far we have had no luck with this.  A Mac user is sending us files in various formats but they're not working in the PC world.  Quicktime will handle the aif file, but ExpressScribe won't.  We'll keep checking back to see if someone else has any suggestions or solutions.