Timed Recording

metazone

I'm converting my cassettes to MP3s via a cable from my boombox's headphone jack to my laptop's microphone-in jack.

Does WAvePad have the ability to specify the end/duration of a recording so that I can start a recording and walk away and have it automatically stop recording in, for example. 20 minutes?

Hi metazone:

I don't think WAVEPAD has any TIMERs built into it (but I could be wrong, and I certainly invite corrections).

In the meantime, until we hear from a WAVEPAD official, I can recommend two recorders that do what you want to do:

http://www.roemersoftware.com/

Rick Roemer makes EASY HI-Q RECORDER which really is easy to use ($30). He also makes a FREE version (it's on the same download page), but some of the features are crippled. Since I have the "paid" version, I don't know if the timer feature will work in the free version. If it doesn't, then take a look at:

http://www.mp3mymp3.com/

(Freeware) Has both start and stop timers, but it's not nearly as intuitive to use. Took me a good long while to figure it out. But -- it absolutely WILL DO what you want it to do.

Good luck.

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...
Guest transitboy
I'm converting my cassettes to MP3s via a cable from my boombox's headphone jack to my laptop's microphone-in jack. 

Does WAvePad have the ability to specify the end/duration of a recording so that I can start a recording and walk away and have it automatically stop recording in, for example. 20 minutes?

Wonder if you could help me? I have just downloaded Easy Hi-Q so I can trial it to see if I like it, but I cannot seem to get it initialized properly. It keeps telling me that there is a problem with my soundcard's setup. My soundcard works fine with all other applications. I looked in the FAQ and it told me to download a different .exe of Hi-Q, which I did. Still the same thing. In the dropdown menu for sound source the only selection that comes up is .wav, which would be ok, but it doesn't even see that when I start to record. There is no input. Any ideas???