VPE foot pedal not working

Guest Diane

Hi,

I bought a VPE foot pedal and have the mac version of express scribe downloaded. I am running 10.3.9. Even though my pedal registers through system profiler check and in express scribe I have checked use foot pedal control, there is no response when I select file to play that I have loaded. I have also downloaded vpedal plugin with no response when I try to control Quicktime or iTunes with it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. :mellow:

Hi,

I bought a VPE foot pedal and have the mac version of express scribe downloaded. I am running 10.3.9. Even though my pedal registers through system profiler check and in express scribe I have checked use foot pedal control, there is no response when I select file to play that I have loaded. I have also downloaded vpedal plugin with no response when I try to control Quicktime or iTunes with it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. :mellow:

Just an update, I have a laptop with 10.2.8 and have gotten the vpedal to work with the quicktime plugin, works with quicktime and iTunes so I can do what I need to do on my laptop but any info about 10.3.9 and what might work with that OS would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Diane,

There are alot of possiblities why you may be having this kind of problem.

Some possibilities are:

- If you can not play the file without the pedals either it is likely a codec problem

- Some people have problems plugging USB devices into their keyboards you could try the back of your Mac instead.

- It could be you have faulty pedals

- It could be a system error (unlikely) check if you have downloaded all the latest updates

If you still cant get it working please send an email to tech support regarding your problem and we can try to solve your problem.

hope that helps

SH

Hi,

Diane

I just purchased a startstop transcription program with pedal for 200.00...I stumbled upon this website yesterday and realized that i can use this on my MAC for my buisness...Do u have any pointers as far as the pedal goes...pls help...my docs are ready to start on their end....

thx amy

• 1 year later...