transferring audio from DVD to Express Scribe?

dtb

Is there a free software that would enable the transfer of audio from a DVD (video conference I have to transcribe) to Express Scribe? The DVD plays well on my computer; however, ES when browsing to the DVD drive does not recognize any audio files.

TIA :)

dtb in Toronto

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old post, but maybe someone would still like some info on this. There is a program available called GordianKnot. If you Google that, you will find it and instructions on how to strip out the audio to an MP3 file. GordianKnot can also be used to convert a DVD to a video file, which can be saved on a computer of made to fit on a portable player.

Jesse

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

NCH have a program called sound tap that can record virtually any audio running through the computers sound card.

DVD's should work too if you play it through media player or something similar.

It can save files in MP3 format and you can use it to record streaming music from videos off the internet too.

A.N

Thank you, Jesse and A.N. for the info. Will check out each one; however, hoping to speed up the process and not have to play out DVDs in real time as some of these conferences to be transcribed are 3-4 hours long!!!!

dtb in Toronto :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
I don't know why you say this because this does not work. I have seen it in several threads and I can't find any way to possibly do this.

Im not sure why NCHTO said this either, we have troubles with .vob files due to copy protection but there are ways to get around that. We dont make software to do that, however a quick google search will get you what your after. Prism is for converting .vob files. Also going back to the original post, the technology is there for us to develop DVD transcription, and its on the cards for a future release.