How to change OGM remotely

Pepster

• 3 months later...
OK, so I have gone through the manual pretty thoroughly and I cannot figure out how to change or record a new outgoing message remotely by telephone.  Is it possible to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Pepster

i need the same info. i also have gone through the manual thoroughly. supposedly you should be able to call into ivm, press the asterisk key when it answers, enter the password (the default password is 9999) followed by the # key. enter the number of the cell to record (makes no sense to me) followed by the # key. press 1 to record, press 2 to play, and press 3 to stop recording. when i called into my system my message wasn't recorded. probably due to no sound card in this server. i'm using a dialogic 120/j. so... i'm going to try and record my wav message on another pc, and place the file where it belongs in the ivm program directory.

deb

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
OK, so I have gone through the manual pretty thoroughly and I cannot figure out how to change or record a new outgoing message remotely by telephone.  Is it possible to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Pepster

:) It's quite simple once you know how (isn't everything). Save your application as an IVR file and send it to me - I'll make the necessary corrections for you.

alan@norstarservice.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this would be the kind of thing I'd love to see an answer to in the forum - has anyone figured this out? I need to do it aswell

:)  It's quite simple once you know how (isn't everything). Save your application as an IVR file and send it to me - I'll make the necessary corrections for you.

alan@norstarservice.com

• 3 years later...

"outgoing message" would be that feature: IVM places a call and runs it through a (few) OGM(s) ?

But that is only activated on the IVM interface, whats the point in activating it remotely?

If you mean the greeting of mailboxes, i never really tryed that method described, i allways change the WAV file directly, but one way i can think of, going around the mailbox application itself would be something like that:

a 'mailOGM' that plays a greeting then transfer to a mailbox with no greeting (i.e. 0.1 sec mute greeting)

a OGM that transfers to 'mailOGM' if timed out OR to 'adminOGM' if pasword is typed (password would be a single key press --> tranfer to another OGM, followed by a "capture of keys" into a current call VAR)

if VAR differs from password u're transfered back to ogm-1 or to 'mailOGM', if its equal, ure asked to record a file (the same file 'mailOGM' plays)