AVCHD .M2TS File Format

davealex

I have had great success using VP and own a paid copy. However, I just upgraded to a new Sony with the AVCHD HD format. VP does not recognize the file format. Does anyone know if there will be an update coming in which VP will be able to work with these HD file formats?

I am getting around it by exporting the video to MPEG2 but that defeats the purpose of shooting the video in better resolution but not being able to edit it.:(

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem. Unless Video Pad Video Editor can resolve this problem immediately, I am forced to search (and pay for) another video editing program. Very disappointing. Too bad, too, because I like the layout and ease of use of VPVE, and all the time I spent familiarizing myself with the program, and the purchase price, is down the toilet!

I have had great success using VP and own a paid copy. However, I just upgraded to a new Sony with the AVCHD HD format. VP does not recognize the file format. Does anyone know if there will be an update coming in which VP will be able to work with these HD file formats?

I am getting around it by exporting the video to MPEG2 but that defeats the purpose of shooting the video in better resolution but not being able to edit it.:(

• 3 weeks later...

I have a JVC Everio which shoots in AVCHD and the files have an MTS extention. I just put a small video in the "Files" and dragged it to the timeline, made a video using the .AVI format and it saved it and I played it OK. I just paid for and registered the software about 2 hours ago. I'm happy. +**so far** I have been using VP lightly for about a month, but when registering I cleaned out all traces of MCH on my computer and downloaded the most recent version. (I don't know if the current version was different from what I previously had.) Have you tried to cange the extention from MT2s to MTS? I know the software works with .MT files, although I forgot how I came to have .MT files (maybe some converter). I'm old. I don't remember things...

Old Martian

• 5 years later...