Mouse cursor is black square in some programs

Julian400

Just downloaded product yesterday (using on Windows Vista laptop). I want to create screen capture of me drawing on screen but on some programs I am testing, when I play back the video, the mouse cursor looks completely different than it looks when I am drawing. When I play the video back, the mouse cursor is a very noticeable black square, with a small white square inside it at the top left!

In PowerPoint for example, this problem occurs when you open a blank slide and switch to screen show and then activate ink annotation tools (roll mouse over bottom left of screen and click on felt pen etc). In addition in PowerPoint it even shows a picture of the mouse control next to the square too.

Is there any way of losing this black square. It only appears when you play the video back, it does not appear during recording! It does not happen in Notepad, but the ink tools are not as smooth.It also has this problem in an electronic whiteboard program I have too (so its not just a PowerPoint issue).

Anyone else encountered this problem? And how do I fix it. I have tried fiddling with Options/Record and than fiddled with cursor settings in Debut, but it makes no difference.