Confused by free or plus versions?

sethrh

A few weeks ago I downloaded the "free" version of ExpressAccounts, and today it seemed to expire, and wouldn't let me in unless I bought it. I never saw a notice about it being a trial or anything like that ...

I deleted the app and redownloaded it today. Now it says that my "plus" trial expired, even though I didn't get the "plus" version? Aside from that notice, everything works the same way it used to. Nothing seems to be different. The "About" box says "Free Version" just like it did before.

While free is better, I'd be happy to buy the "plus" version, if it had some kind of feature that made it $80 better than the "free" version.

What's the difference between "free" and "plus"?

This is on Mac OS X, if that matters.

A few weeks ago I downloaded the "free" version of ExpressAccounts, and today it seemed to expire, and wouldn't let me in unless I bought it. I never saw a notice about it being a trial or anything like that ...

I deleted the app and redownloaded it today. Now it says that my "plus" trial expired, even though I didn't get the "plus" version? Aside from that notice, everything works the same way it used to. Nothing seems to be different. The "About" box says "Free Version" just like it did before.

While free is better, I'd be happy to buy the "plus" version, if it had some kind of feature that made it $80 better than the "free" version.

What's the difference between "free" and "plus"?

This is on Mac OS X, if that matters.

I was wondering the same sort of things. I registered Express Accounts because I don't like running unlicensed software but what benefit did this give me apart from the warm fuzzies ? I can't see any reason to upgrade.

Also, looking at Express Invoices, measurements can be set to default to millimeters whilst Express Accounting cannot - it is set to inches.

Another question to add to your one too - what functionality does adding Express Invoices to Express Accounting give me?

Very little information readily available to work out the answers. It's an expensive add-on that doesn't seem to giver me any real added functionality.

Thanks and regards,

Chris

Another question to add to your one too - what functionality does adding Express Invoices to Express Accounting give me?

Very little information readily available to work out the answers. It's an expensive add-on that doesn't seem to giver me any real added functionality.

Thanks and regards,

Chris

It appears that there is a limit of 1 web user on the free version. Having multiple users is actually something really valuable (so I can keep track of who's doing what, or at least have different levels of access. I could give an accountant R/O access, for example).

I too am not sure why I want Express Invoice in addition to Express Accounts. Express Invoice seems to have a subset of features of Express Accounts (just invoicing/quoting, but no banking, etc.). They also don't seem to share data?