WONT ADD ANY MEDIA VIDEOS TO THE SOFTWARE

Mike_Mro

hi,

I am fairly new to NHC's software Video-pad Video Editor professional 2.41, and I have a few problems.

I mainly use this software to edit & design videos around Xbox and PS3. (forza Motorsport3 & call of duty MW2)

1. when I try to add a video to the library on video-pad, it keeps coming up with an error saying could not open file (after it says decoding file). is this something to do with my computer or is it the software?

2. how do I edit transitions from video - video?

I love this software and would like to keep using it for future use, it would be a massive waste if I hadn't have heard about it and if i hadn't used it.

thanks for reading and please can you help me resolve this situation..

regards, Mike_Mro

Hi

What format is the video you are trying to add? It may not be immediately compatible with VP and need to be converted to another format.

With regards editing transitions between your clips........

The transition duration appears as a yellow bar between the clips at the top of the sequence line. The type of transition is selected by clicking the square on the right hand end of the sequence line clip, and the sequence required and its duration is selected from the menu of effects that is displayed. In "Storyboard" mode you click on the box that appears between the clip thumbnails.

The default duration of the effect can be set under the "Options" tab in the tool bar.

By default the effect is divided in time equally between the two clips but if you switch to Timeline mode you can drag the ends of the yellow transition bar to refine the instant that the effect starts and finishes. These are the only transition controls I think there are.

Hope this helps

Nat

Hi

What format is the video you are trying to add? It may not be immediately compatible with VP and need to be converted to another format.

With regards editing transitions between your clips........

The transition duration appears as a yellow bar between the clips at the top of the sequence line. The type of transition is selected by clicking the square on the right hand end of the sequence line clip, and the sequence required and its duration is selected from the menu of effects that is displayed. In "Storyboard" mode you click on the box that appears between the clip thumbnails.

The default duration of the effect can be set under the "Options" tab in the tool bar.

By default the effect is divided in time equally between the two clips but if you switch to Timeline mode you can drag the ends of the yellow transition bar to refine the instant that the effect starts and finishes. These are the only transition controls I think there are.

Hope this helps

Nat

hi nat.

i the file types are in .wmv format, i have tried converting them to .avi using prism video converter, but an undescribed error keeps occuring.

and thanks for explaining the transitions.

regards, Mike

Hi

Normally wmv files open OK in VP. I have used them quite often. Could be that the ones you are trying to edit have a different makeup. I believe that there can be multiple streams in some wmv files that make converting them difficult, but I wouldn't really know. I would, however suggest that you try to convert them to another format other than avi - I would suggest MPEG2 although this will, from my experience result in some loss in quality as you will be recompressing an already compressed file if it is then edited and saved to DVD it may look even worse. You will have to suck it and see. Prism may do this conversion but I use this

free converter (Any Video Converter) and it may do the job if Prism won't. Its worth a try anyway. Very easy to use.

Just load your wmv file and set the output to MPEG2 with the same size settings (it's all adjustable) etc. Get it here......

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Hope this helps

Nat