Overlay text size adjustment

Dave66

I'm using VideoPad 2.41 and finding adjusting the text size of an overlay to be painful and slow. On 2.30 when you clicked on the slide for text size a small box appeared showing the text size (eg.7), that feature seems to be gone and I can't seem to find anywhere to set the default text size, is there a way to set a default overlay text size?

Hi

In version 2.41 you alter your text size with a slider. There is no option to numerically set a font size value.

Nat

Thanks for the reply. I'm finding the slider to be a nightmare to use, especially to ensure that font size of overlay remains consistent throughout video.

Hi

OK. There is a sort of work-around for this but you will need a mouse with a wheel.

Click the green Plus in the overlay track and enter the text you want to display. Click the respective arrow in the position matrix square so it dispays in the position where you want.

Now slide the size slider back to the left to reduce the size of the text. Make sure the slider is the last item controlled by the mouse or this may not work.

Now roll back the wheel a notch at a time. The text will enlarge a step with each notch. (Rolling forwards will reduce the text in size.) Count the notches used to get the size of text required and do the same process for each batch of overlay text.

It's probably the best you will get without numerical font size values.

Nat