Distored sound when speeding up dictation

ldybug1964

I have posted this before, but never received any replies. My doctor dictates fairly slowly, and I need to speed up his dictation. I can speed it up to 110; however, the second I put it up to 111 or higher, the quality of the dictation goes down. It sounds like it is being dictated in a tunnel or something. Is there anything I can do to help improve the sound quality when I speed up the dictation? Is there anyone else who has this issue???

Same is the case if one slows down the dictation to below 93%. Voice gets very poor.

I am assuming this is something we have to deal with since it is a free progam...you get what you pay for I guess, and since it's free, I guess we have no right to complain or ask for an answer or a fix (sigh)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is something that cropped up with newer versions. v5.06 is fine.

I have actually purchased the the Pro version (5.48) and am experiencing this for the first time. I have used ES for years with no problem but now when I speed up sound files the words are totally distorted, as if the speaker is swallowing them. I like to proof my work at fast speeds and this is making it totally impossible.

I am upset because I have paid for the program and even updated it! So it's an issue with the program whether you have purchased it or not. Anyone out there have any good advice on how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

I have actually purchased the the Pro version (5.48) and am experiencing this for the first time. I have used ES for years with no problem but now when I speed up sound files the words are totally distorted, as if the speaker is swallowing them. I like to proof my work at fast speeds and this is making it totally impossible.

I am upset because I have paid for the program and even updated it! So it's an issue with the program whether you have purchased it or not. Anyone out there have any good advice on how to fix this?

Hi all,

I recently paid for the latest PRO version and had the same problem with both .wav and .dss files, the audio breaking up when speeding up the voice past 105-110% or so. I couldn't find a fix but downgrading to version 5.30 fixes the problem and still reads the DSS files. You can find the older versions here: http://express-scribe-transcription-player.soft32.com/old-version

Let me know if this helps anyone. Good luck!

Connie