Can a PC Simultaneously Answer Several Calls

Guest David Tay

Guest David Tay

I wonder if IVM can simultaneously respond to several incoming calls with different OGMs?

Planning to use it for four lines where callers will hear a different OGM for each of the four different lines - and a different OGM each day of the week.

Thanks,

David Tay

Guest Douglas Lawrence

David:

You can set IVM up to answer each line with a different OGM. You do it in the settings->devices->properties->Answer OGM. That should answer the first part of your question. The second question is a little more difficult to answer. It depends on whether or not the OGMs are different week to week.

If you have some programming background, it would be fairly easy to create a plugin that would return the name of OGM to goto based on the day of the week. At least, that is how I would approach your problem.

Good luck,

Doug

Guest David Tay

Thanks for replying but I need to know what happens when there are two simultaneous calls for the different lines - will IVM be able to simultaneously respond with two different OGMs or will the OGMs be queued up sequentially one after the other?

David:

You can set IVM up to answer each line with a different OGM.  You do it in the settings->devices->properties->Answer OGM.  That should answer the first part of your question.  The second question is a little more difficult to answer.  It depends on whether or not the OGMs are different week to week.

If you have some programming background, it would be fairly easy to create a plugin that would return the name of OGM to goto based on the day of the week.  At least, that is how I would approach your problem.

Good luck,

Doug

NCH Swift Sound advertises that IVM can SIMULTANEOUSLY answer up to 64 lines.

While I have not performed a benchmark to measure the timing of the answer, I can tell you that from my experience, IVM appears to perform as advertised.

I am currently running IVM on 3 lines (using a Dialogic 4/PCI). I have simultaneaously dialed two of the lines at the same time and did not notice any appreciable delay. (I say appreciable because I placed one call using a land-line, and the other from a cell phone. The number I dialed using the cell phone, did answer about 500 ms after the first. However, that delay could have been created by me dialing and/or the extra call routing going through the wireless provider's network.) In any case, it was un-appreciable.

Guest David Tay

Thank you very much, Douglas! I must have failed to read the website in sufficient detail. Looks like IVM is the prog that meets my needs as I am planning for multiple OGMS to be given simultaneously. Thanks again for the assurance.

While I have not performed a benchmark to measure the timing of the answer, I can tell you that from my experience, IVM appears to perform as advertised.

I am currently running IVM on 3 lines (using a Dialogic 4/PCI).  I have simultaneaously dialed two of the lines at the same time and did not notice any appreciable delay.  (I say appreciable because I placed one call using a land-line, and the other from a cell phone.  The number I dialed using the cell phone, did answer about 500 ms after the first.  However, that delay could have been created by me dialing and/or the extra call routing going through the wireless provider's network.)  In any case, it was un-appreciable.

• 1 year later...
Guest Smithy @ Cornwall
Thanks for replying but I need to know what happens when there are two simultaneous calls for the different lines - will IVM be able to simultaneously respond with two different OGMs or will the OGMs be queued up sequentially one after the other?

Could anyone please tell me how I could do this, I understand that With the right Tapi complient voice card I can connect up to 8 or perhaps even 16 lines directly through it, but is it possible to connect even more directly to my PC?

Many Thanks.

Guest No Einstein
Could anyone please tell me how I could do this, I understand that With the right Tapi complient voice card I can connect up to 8 or perhaps even 16 lines directly through it, but is it possible to connect even more directly to my PC?

Many Thanks.

I know theres another thread on this but any clues on the quote above anybody?