Dial Dictate

Guest Don

I have had a few instances where a dial dicate file gets hung up in the system. Dictation before and after goes fine, but the one file sticks until I click on the "inbox." At that point it sends. This doesn't work well if I am out of town.

If you can use the direct email send instead of mapi, it might work better, as long as you have a real isp, not one of those annoying ones that block ports. I have tried to use it with AOL email, but it just doesn't work. I even tried pulling the files to Express Delegate and setting smtp to AOL through that, but it still didn't work. The only email client that I have seen to work reasonably well is (ugh!) outlook express. It does prompt for user intervention ("such and such program is trying to send mail. are you ok with this"), but you can write a quick macros script to click on that window automatically when it come up. You could always try ftp instead of email. Hope this helps.

-mike

I have had a few instances where a dial dicate file gets hung up in the system. Dictation before and after goes fine, but the one file sticks until I click on the "inbox." At that point it sends. This doesn't work well if I am out of town.

Exactly the point - I'm out of town and the system doesn't send a file. Help - there must be a fix. :(