How to Change Account Name

ellenm1

The Help text says that account names can be changed at any time. I cannot figure out how to do it. I started out with 'unallocated" and now want to assign account names to tasks already created under unallocated.

• 6 months later...

The Help text says that account names can be changed at any time. I cannot figure out how to do it. I started out with 'unallocated" and now want to assign account names to tasks already created under unallocated.

Normally this is how you change account names, but I see that Unallocated won't let you change it.

1. Select Account -> List Accounts.

2. A window called HourGuard Time Sheet Accounts opens.

3. In the list, click the account whose name you want to change. The buttons become visible. Click Edit.

4. The Account Properties window opens. Enter the new name.

My guess is that Unallocated is a protected account. So the question becomes, "How do I move tasks to a different account?"

I accidentally created a task under Unallocated myself. I have three entries for the task, and I want to move them to a different account. If I can figure out how to do that, I'll post the answer here. If not, I'll make a suggestion that they add this feature.