Is there a way to eliminate the word "Various" from compilations?

terrysumner

I'm trying out Express Rip and so far I love everything about it except when ripping compilation CD's that have various artists on them. It always leads off the track listing with the word "Various Artists - " This makes it hard to find songs when I search with a dj program. Is there a way to stop ER from adding the "Various Artists" words to the beginning of the tracks on compliation cd's?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

My suggestion may require more effort than you wish to exert, but it is very easy to rename the tracks prior to ripping. After the cd to be ripped has been loaded into the window, right click on each track, select Rename Track, and edit titles as you wish.

My suggestion may require more effort than you wish to exert, but it is very easy to rename the tracks prior to ripping. After the cd to be ripped has been loaded into the window, right click on each track, select Rename Track, and edit titles as you wish.

I mean no offense by this but I do know that. I was just wondering if there was a way to not put those words there in the first place. I'm in the process of entering about 800 CD's into my hard drive and I didn't want to have to edit the titles if there was a way out of it. A lot of my cd's are compilations so that's going to be a lot of editing.

But thanks for replying! :D