Purchases and Sales Tax

voilette83

Hello,

I recently downloaded this software to help manage my sisters Equine Service business that she recently started after graduating college. I have basic knowledge of other accounting software packages through school, but this one is new to me. I have a question about entering a payment or purchase transaction for a Cash transaction. When entering the information, I saw the field for Tax, and if I select Sales tax in that, I am unable to balance the transaction and cannot record it. I have tried my tax expense account since it has already been paid, but it still shows out of balance due to sales tax even if I am debiting the sales tax expense account. Can you please help me out with this?

Hello,

I recently downloaded this software to help manage my sisters Equine Service business that she recently started after graduating college. I have basic knowledge of other accounting software packages through school, but this one is new to me. I have a question about entering a payment or purchase transaction for a Cash transaction. When entering the information, I saw the field for Tax, and if I select Sales tax in that, I am unable to balance the transaction and cannot record it. I have tried my tax expense account since it has already been paid, but it still shows out of balance due to sales tax even if I am debiting the sales tax expense account. Can you please help me out with this?

===============================================================================================================

voilette83

If you go to the Home Screen > Options button > click on the Tax tab. In that window you can enter your Tax info.

The Quote & Order & Invoice windows / screens offer a box / column heading titled TAX that will auto enter your tax amount.

Hope this helps

BradUSA

1 head many hats

P.S. the other work around would be to use the Receive Money link on the home screen. Then change the entries to reflect a Cash-CSH Not a REC receipt transaction + add the tax on a separate line (below the cash transaction) and save as a template ? To see if it works go to View tab > journal > all > select the date range.