DialDictate on Vonage VoIP

greengriffin

Hello,

Can you please help me figure out what is needed to be done for DialDictate to answer calls on my PC on a Vonage VoIP line?

I got my DSL modem connected to the WAN port of my D-Link DI-704P router... having LAN port 1 on a Windows Server 2003 PC, port 2 on my D-Link LAN switch and port 3 on my Linksys VoIP phone adapter w/ LAN router and enabled built-in DHCP on the D-Link router but set the VoIP router as a static DHCP client.

I am able to make outgoing calls & receive incoming calls on my analog phone connected to my VoIP adapter.

I am seeing this message when I try to run DialDictate:

"Unable to use uPNP for NAT routing (uPNP failed)"

Got this Softphone info on Vonage's site that says it has login authentication to make & receive calls but I haven't subscribed to that add-on feature on my VoIP account. I just don't know what info to enter on the VOIP Lines setting.

Ex. SIP No. + Server (Proxy & Domain) + Password.

Have requested from Vonage but have not replied since. Just got "a.voncp.com" they use on hardwares provisioned before 2005 (http://www.vonage.com/help.php?article=89)

I have enabled all the ports required on my D-Link LAN router. I have disabled the built-in Windows Firewall on my Server 2003 PC.

I wish you could enlighten me up on this & I appreciate your prompt reply.

Thanks,

Jhon

• 5 months later...

You do need to purchase softphone lines.

When you purchase a softphone line, you will be given an access password. you need this password for DialDictate.

In DialDictate > Settings > Voip > add

you will need to enter your 11 digit phone number, 1 then area code then phone number.

The server is sphone.vopr.vonage.net

The password is the password you were given when you signed up for a softphone.

You may also want to forward some ports through your router to the PC where you are running DialDictate. The ports you forward are the ports listed on the voip page.