Frame exactly navigation

tobovideo

I'm a new videopad user, but have used other software before.

I'm searching for function to exactly navigate from frame to frame independent from the choosed from factor.

The finest navigation funktion I have found is Strg+Cursor (by the way why not Cursor for finest navigation and Strg+Cursor for springing from clip to clip ?). But this function belongs to zoom factor. So fine positioning the marker for cutting is a difficult thing.

Working with sequence window I have found. Navigation control is finer with more zoom, but why ? I think these are different things that must be handled seperately.

However...if I zoom to maximal zoom factor I see no frames (thumbnails) in the sequence and the video in the sequence preview window is freezing (no movement during navigation) on last choosed postion.

So I must go to one zoom level lower, then I get sequence thumbnails and the preview window is working again.

But in this state the navigation steps are to big.

You are right.

I have tested again and have set the sequence postion view to 0:00:00.000 to see the exact position.

On the highest zoom level the navigation is 1/1000 sec that is more than fine. And the screen is not frozen, there are much steps to next frame and it works.

So this it very good.

The only wish for me for this topic is the possibility to have more or user defined navigation keys. I would like the follwing:

<-, -> step according zoom level (is now Strg+-> and Strg+<-)

Strg+->, Strg+<- move a second

PgUp, PgDn move for a 10 seconds

Alt+->, Alt+<- spring from clip to clip

Pos1, End spring to begin or end of a clip (not of whole film)

Many thanks for the help.

Thomas