How to change the size of the editing screens

robingottfried

Hi all,

I would like to change the size of the various screens in the editing view. For example, I've imported an mp3 & need to match it up with the encoded audio track from the video. I would like to make the audio track wider so I can see the audio wave more clearly for better editing.

Usually, one can drag the various sections of the window to increase or decrease the relative size, but I don't seem to be able to do it in Videopad Video Editor.

Also, I would like to stretch the audio track a little more laterally, but when I go too far to the right on the zoom out, it goes really way out all of a sudden! It would be nice to have a bit more flexibility with that. I see that I can edit in an external apps, but it would be nice to have this basic function here, as well.

Please advise. Thanks!

Cheers,

Robin

Hi

You can stretch out the audio tracks and the video tracks using the slider button on the lower right of the screen. However, as you say, this gets a but uncontrillable after a certain point. Better control is by using the + button. This should give you pretty precise matching of the audio tracks as the peaks in the wave can be clearly seen and should result in differences of only a fraction of a second.

However lagging of the visuals behind the sound may be a problem.

You can also "nudge" the track in question to the right (only) by alternately right clicking and left clicking it.(But ignore the option window that appears)

Hope this helps

Nat