Jumping to new OGM from plugin variable

plazma

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping someone here can help me with my problem.

I have written a pluggin using visual basic and am unable to use it to jump to an OGM.

i have tested the plugin and it is correctly reporting the variable and is being picked up by the software as i am able to use the same variable to read out a number.

when i use the variable in the go to OGM it goes straight to goodbye but in the log it says that is it jumping to the correct OGM.

Cheers Guys

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping someone here can help me with my problem.

I have written a pluggin using visual basic and am unable to use it to jump to an OGM.

i have tested the plugin and it is correctly reporting the variable and is being picked up by the software as i am able to use the same variable to read out a number.

when i use the variable in the go to OGM it goes straight to goodbye but in the log it says that is it jumping to the correct OGM.

Cheers Guys

Possibly you don't have an OGM greeting message recorded or maybe it is searching for the wrong message file?

Guest Guest_plazma_*

I have tried that, there is definately a message there. for instance lets say i have to OGM's, OGM1 and OGM 2

when OGM1 finishes playing i can set it to jump to OGM2 and play wht message without a problem.

changin the OGM1 to jump to OGM2 by executing the varible doesnt work.

It acknologes that the plugin has returned OGM2 and even states in the log that the system is jumping to OGM2 but just end up disconnecting with a goodbye message.

We want to use a couple of these systems in out offices but we need the interactivity to work for collecting of account numbers.

• 1 month later...

It sounds like you don't have the variable set right. I had that problem until I got the hang of how to name the variables.

I use %rv% and then my plug in looks up the customer and depending on what it finds tells the ogm where to go next. So it returns the name of the ogm it wants to go to next as rv. The ogm is then set to Go To OGM and the value is set to %rv%

• 1 year later...
It sounds like you don't have the variable set right. I had that problem until I got the hang of how to name the variables.

I use %rv% and then my plug in looks up the customer and depending on what it finds tells the ogm where to go next. So it returns the name of the ogm it wants to go to next as rv. The ogm is then set to Go To OGM and the value is set to %rv%

no i believe this is not the cause , i have it set uo right , just like you've said.

Still no succes. Anybody ?

i've solved my problem and i am positive that plasma has the same problem.

In the plugin i've wrote to the console with writeline and i should have used only write.

It was Console.WriteLine(sResult); and should have been Console.Write(sResult);

The extra \cr made the variable not to match the name of the next OGM.

Hope this helps you plasma.