Why won't my VideoPad project open? *PLEASE HELP!!*

Gwen

I was working on a project in VideoPad editor, when the notice popped up that my trial period had expired, so i went and bought a licence. but after this, i tried to open the project i had just been working on and it said "This version of the project file is not supported. try to update VideoPad editor to the latest version"

But i had only just bought the program, and it was working properly only moments ago, so why does it not work now?

I tried opening some other projects saved on my computer, and they all opened fine, so why isnt this specific file opening?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I desprately need to finish my movie to meet a deadline on youtube, so i really need to have my problem resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you~

Hi Gwen, I've experienced exactly the same problem. Can you share if you find a solution, really appreciate it. Spent hours making a video for my wedding. :(

Well, i havnt found a full solution yet, but i figured out how to restore some of the project. :) right click on your project and click 'restore to previous versions', and select one to the most recently date (it'll probably be from 3 or 4 days ago). if you havnt changed the project that much since that version, then that's great, you havnt lost much; but if (like me) you've changed the project a lot since then, then either you'll just have to work from that, or wait for replies for other people's help =w=

you'd best make a spare copy of your project just in case you 'restore' it too far and lose too much information.

that way, if we find a solution, you still have the full, original project at hand. i'll let you know if i find a good solution ^^

Ps. congradulations on getting married! :D

Cheers Gwen, Spot on. I now have most of my project back - so, so grateful! Really sorry to hear you couldn't restore as much as you'd like. Are you working on anything interesting?

No problem, glad I was of help :)

I'm working on a fancover of a song; nothing particularly interesting :P it requires a lot of editing though :P

HI

Does the purchased VP version save your project under a different VP file-type???

e.g. Myfilm.vpj is what V2.12 (free version) uses. but the paid version might use..say "Myfilm.vpjp"

If this is the case then you may be able to simply change the file type to the new file type by renaming your project.

Just a thought.

Nat