Black border around the screen captured video

Bruce T

I started using Denut a few days ago. I am using it for capturing video from screen. It puts a border of about an inch around the edge of the screen. I am using:

Video Compressor: MPEG4 Native

Video Compressor settings: Avg and Max bitrate of 8192

Video output of 768 x 576

I would like to have high res video and fill the whole screen to the edge if possible.

Any comment appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pezuis, he might be trying to record something from a media player. Or a game in a window.

Bruce, this is one of those unfathomable problems that no one can help fix unless another person has personally seen *and fixed* themselves. A screenshot would be handy, but non-the-less it wont be much help. I'd like to see what kind of inconveniance you're going through though.

he might be trying to record something from a media player. Or a game in a window.

Good Catch TRP, you are probably right!

Bruce: I have seen something similar once before, and my problem was related to the output video being placed in a project with a different aspect ratio. It might help if you try setting your capture and window size to a standard aspect ratio or either 4:3 or 16:9. Are you simply capturing the video and then playing it, or are you editing it in VideoPad, or similar?