Contacting NCH

julie

I am trying to reregister the software I bought in 2009 onto a new machine. The registration key won't work because it says the key is not valid for the latest version of the software and I need to upgrade to the latest version at www.nch.com.au/upgrade. Only that url doesn't work. My Trend microsoft will not allow me to go to it. My IT department says .com.au is not valid. Anywhere on the NCH website that I try to go to for support won't open. Has anyone had any luck actually getting support?

Hi

If I wanted to upgrade my free version of VP v2.12 and I click the upgrade tab, the address of the page that comes up is:

https://secure.nch.com.au/cgi-bin/register.exe?software=videopad

I have been through the forms presented here but not the last bankcard data entry page as I haven't actually upgraded VP as I am satisfied with the features I have with the free version, however would this link work for you?

Perhaps someone who has actually done it might be able to help with contacting NCH :unsure:

My understanding is (and I am probably completely wrong-not having done it,) that the registration key "activates" the version you have been evaluating.

If this is so then why can't you simply transfer the ORIGINAL compressed .exe file to the new PC, then unpack it, (as you probably did originally on the old PC) to create the evaluation version again and then reactivate this with the code you presumably purchased. It seems logical that this should work. I am assuming you may have just transferred the unpacked files to your new pc which might behave differently having already been activated. Hence the message to the effect that the code you are trying to use is being asked to upgrade the upgrade,so to speak, if you see what I mean.

I am probably barking up the wrong tree here as despite the title I am NOT an expert! It's just a thought.

Best of luck.

Nat