How to convert\burn VP Project to MPEG-2

cmelega

Hello,

Maybe I am missing the obvious but how can I convert (or more precisely burn) my saved VP Project (with Transitions\Effects from one video to another) to a DVD as an MPEG-2 format\file so I can play the DVD in my DVD player? MPEG-2 is standard format for playing DVD's in any DVD player. Is there some level of encrpytion on these .vob files created by VP?

Thanks,

Hi

Normally if you save your project to disc VP creates an AUDIO-TS file and a VIDEO-TS file

The VIDEO-TS folder contains the BUP, IFO and VOB files for your project. These will play on your DVD player. (They do on mine at least)

Note that VP will not create a menu for your project and the film should auto start. If you created bookmarks in your project you can jump from one to the next bookmark as they are treated as chapters.

Saving as an MPEG2 file as a VIDEO DISC can't be done although you can easily save your project as an avi (XVID) to your PC and then convert it to an MPEG2. In this format you could then load it into Windows Movie Maker and create you DVD (with menu) from there.

Nat