MTS file conversion...what works best in VP?

kylie75

So Ive hunted for hours to find a file converter for my next to useless MTS files produced by my canon legria hfr16 video camera.....I found pavtube...now my dilemma is which is the best file format to convert the MTS files too for editing in VP? Ive sat here for hours going through the different AVI types, mp4, mwv...u name it...all end up with reduced quality Im not happy with...any suggestions would help...

I dont understand all the settings when converting files either by the way !

My vid cam is shooting in HD 25fps.

Hi Kylie75

Have a look at my other posting where I have suggested a quite good FREE converter program.

As you are finding MPEG4 files a bit temperamental on your PC using VP (and I think any other editing program will be similar...I have tried several) Have a go at converting to MPEG2 format. Unless you are going to output to big HD TV screens you won't notice much difference..it's still HD. With this software you can simply try a different setting and find what looks best. It's pretty foolproof.

Get it first and come back here if you are puzzled.

The free software I have suggested works fine for me and is not difficult to run and the results seem OK.

Nat