Express Scribe and foot pedal

freddy0521

I have been using Express Scribe for a few years now,with a foot pedal, but for some reason it was giving me problems because it wouldn't play certain files such as DSS and WAV and I always had to convert them to MP3s in order to play them through my Express Scribe. Therefore, I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it today. I am now having problems with the foot pedal with the reinstallation. I got the foot pedal to work, but in order for it to continuously play, I have to hold the "Play" foot pedal key down the entire time. When I let off the "play" button, it stops playing entirely. It looks like I don't have a "pause" option anymore. Any ideas how to fix this? Please help because I can't use the hot keys. It's so much more difficult than the pedal.

(I have Vista)

• 1 month later...

I have been using Express Scribe for a few years now,with a foot pedal, but for some reason it was giving me problems because it wouldn't play certain files such as DSS and WAV and I always had to convert them to MP3s in order to play them through my Express Scribe. Therefore, I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it today. I am now having problems with the foot pedal with the reinstallation. I got the foot pedal to work, but in order for it to continuously play, I have to hold the "Play" foot pedal key down the entire time. When I let off the "play" button, it stops playing entirely. It looks like I don't have a "pause" option anymore. Any ideas how to fix this? Please help because I can't use the hot keys. It's so much more difficult than the pedal.

(I have Vista)

• 1 year later...

I just downloaded Express Scribe Pro, and I was having the same problem. If you go to the "options" tab and then "controller," about two-thirds of the way down the page, there's "tap lock." If you enable tap lock, you don't have to hold the foot pedal down anymore for it to continue to play.