ED v 5 .23 won't accept typist's email address

bradco

RE: Express Dictate version 5.23. Support ticket: YQP-82914-478

I had to buy a new license this past February 10 when I moved to Windows 7 64 bit. Today is Feb 23 and it has not worked so far. The set up routine *will not accept* my typist's email address (which worked fine in previous old license). Keeps giving "Invalid Email Address." This is under Recipient Properties > Send Method > Email Properties. I have written tech support over 3 times. One tech wrote back to re-register --I've done this with no success. I've done what was asked, but now they do not respond. It appears that they charge money for support and they want a support payment now.

I've been a long-time user (5 years) and I've never seen a situation where you buy a software which doesn't work, and they want more money for support!

Are these possible causes:

Question:

1) Is ED v 5.23 compatible with 64-bit Windows? I saw a note at the website that it is compatible with 32-bit machines.

2) Does my "user email" (from registration) need to match the "reply email" in the Email Properties set up?

Thank you in advance: Brad

Keeps giving "Invalid Email Address." This is under Recipient Properties > Send Method > Email Properties.

We've been made aware of this issue. So far we haven't been able to reproduce it, or determine the cause.

1) Is ED v 5.23 compatible with 64-bit Windows?

It works well on the 64 bit machines that we have available for testing.

2) Does my "user email" (from registration) need to match the "reply email" in the Email Properties set up?

No, that shouldn't be necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

We've been made aware of this issue. So far we haven't been able to reproduce it, or determine the cause.

It works well on the 64 bit machines that we have available for testing.

No, that shouldn't be necessary.

A further thought: I am running MS Office 2010. That means my email client is Outlook 2010-- the typist's email address is in my Outlook 2010 Contacts. Does ED need to be compatible with email client? Has ED been fully tested with Outlook 2010?

A further thought: I am running MS Office 2010. That means my email client is Outlook 2010-- the typist's email address is in my Outlook 2010 Contacts. Does ED need to be compatible with email client? Has ED been fully tested with Outlook 2010?

I have the same problem with express dictate and express scribe. This is true for ftp user name, email and file location. A bubble comes up: "invalid user name"

It works perfect with older versions (5.05), but not with 5.25. I use windows 7 64 bit

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem with express dictate and express scribe. This is true for ftp user name, email and file location. A bubble comes up: "invalid user name"

It works perfect with older versions (5.05), but not with 5.25. I use windows 7 64 bit

Has anyone had any joy with this? I'm am currently trialing the most current version of Dictate & Scribe. Both have the "Invalid email address" problem. I've emailed NCH no less than 5 times, and they simply don't reply. I am also running Windows 7 x64, and can confirm that under XP 32-bit the problem isn't evident :(

It seems a real shame they can't at least have the decency to get back to me - we're potential buying customers, and think the product looks great save for this fault! If I just knew they were working on it, it would keep me interested, but otherwise this post is my last ditch effort to be heard and replied to.

• 2 months later...

RE: Express Dictate version 5.23. Support ticket: YQP-82914-478

I had to buy a new license this past February 10 when I moved to Windows 7 64 bit. Today is Feb 23 and it has not worked so far. The set up routine *will not accept* my typist's email address (which worked fine in previous old license). Keeps giving "Invalid Email Address." This is under Recipient Properties > Send Method > Email Properties. I have written tech support over 3 times. One tech wrote back to re-register --I've done this with no success. I've done what was asked, but now they do not respond. It appears that they charge money for support and they want a support payment now.

I've been a long-time user (5 years) and I've never seen a situation where you buy a software which doesn't work, and they want more money for support!

Are these possible causes:

Question:

1) Is ED v 5.23 compatible with 64-bit Windows? I saw a note at the website that it is compatible with 32-bit machines.

Thank you in advance: Brad

1)(Email)

Hello I am having an issue with my Express Dictate. Under Options> Sending> Recipient Properties> Email Options> Under Dentation Email when I plug in an email address a bubble pops up stating(Invalid Email). This is preventing me to setup my sending contacts! I have followed all the postings/treads and this is a common issue with a lot of users.

2)(Email)

Hi,

We appreciate your help if you send us all relevant screenshots so that we can reproduce the issue in our end.

To take a screen shot:

Press the 'Print Screen' button (located next to F12 or the 'Scroll

Lock' button). Open Paint (Start-> All programs-> Accessories-> Paint)

and click Edit-> Paste. Save the file as a .jpeg and attach it to this

reply.

Please get back to us and we are happy to assist you.

Regards,

Rommel

NCH Software Support Team

3)(Email)

Here are the screen shots that you have requsted. I did three different emails to show you its not just one!

(3 Pictures inserted here)

Thanks

4)(Email)

Hi,

Thank you for your patience – this ticket has been forwarded to the appropriate group and you should receive a response shortly.

5)(Email)

I guess you guys are just going to hide this issue under the rug great support!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Same problem for me, it appears on Express Dictate but also on Express Scribe.

One interesting thing is that the problem occurs with some PCs but not for all.

Only difference I saw is relative to network configuration :

Working : Win7 x64 Pro / Workgroup (no domain)

Not Working : Win7 x64 Pro / Domain (Windows 2003 domain controller)

Workaround I've found is installing Express Dictate on the Win7 X64 which is not member of a domain, configuration went fine.

Then I go to --> start menu --> regedit --> export the configuration key (HKCU\Software\NCH Swift Sound\Express\SendTo1)

Finally, I have to import the reg file to the Win7 x64 PC (member of a domain) and then it works !!

However, this procedure doesn't work with the latest version but it's ok with ED 5.24

I don't know why it doesn't work with the latest ED 5.54, only difference I've noticed is in the registry, latest version use HKCU\Software\NCH Software\Express\SendTo1 instead of HKCU\Software\NCH Swift Sound\Express\SendTo1

But if I import the reg key in HKCU\Software\NCH Software\Express\SendTo1, ED ignore it and ask me to create another one and I get back to the awful popup "invalid email address"

'hope it helps NCH Team because I've just buy another ED licence and I can't use the latest version (fortunately I have a ED 5.24 backup)

Regards,

Hi,

Finally, I've found a way to make it works with the latest ED version.

What I've done is simple :

1- Find a PC where ED install went fine (my own PC which is only member of a network workgroup and not a domain)

2- Export the whole ED registry branch (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NCH Software\Express) using regedit

3- Copy the reg file on the not-working PC (probably a PC which is member of a domain)

4- Edit the reg file to change the paths (BackupFolder, WorkingDataFolderPrevious, WorkingDataFolder)

5- Import the reg file

6- Done

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Finally, I've found a way to make it works with the latest ED version.

What I've done is simple :

1- Find a PC where ED install went fine (my own PC which is only member of a network workgroup and not a domain)

2- Export the whole ED registry branch (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NCH Software\Express) using regedit

3- Copy the reg file on the not-working PC (probably a PC which is member of a domain)

4- Edit the reg file to change the paths (BackupFolder, WorkingDataFolderPrevious, WorkingDataFolder)

5- Import the reg file

6- Done

Regards

I've been having this (and similar problems with FTP settings) in NCH Express Dictate for over a year now. Versions come and go, but the problem persists. Having to regedit every client PC to get simple basic software working is a pain in the ass.

My suggestion is this - take the damn "confirmation" code out of ED completely. I don't need it to tell me if the address is valid.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this (and similar problems with FTP settings) in NCH Express Dictate for over a year now. Versions come and go, but the problem persists. Having to regedit every client PC to get simple basic software working is a pain in the ass.

My suggestion is this - take the damn "confirmation" code out of ED completely. I don't need it to tell me if the address is valid.

You're right, I've just posted this workaround to help other users like me but of course, NCH Team still have to correct this stupid bug !!

Regards