pin audio to spot on a clip?

Vado

Hi, I've got a 10 second intro done via VP by using a 10 second blank and some title text. The video which follows that is then composed of several clips with a few short music soundtracks throughout. If I decided to change the intro to 12 seconds, then the music soundtracks would be off by 2 seconds each.

So, can I pin a soundtrack to a spot on a video clip, so that when all video clips get shifted 2 seconds to the right then the associated sound would also move the same two seconds to the right? For now, I have to manually grab each sound clip and move it to re-sync to the video.

Thanks.

Edit: I see the checkbox for "Attach short sound clips to video" under Options/General but having that checked doesn't seem to do what I want. I don't know what it does.

Edited by Vado

Here's a screencast of the bug in action, in a test case:

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

By the end, all sound clips are out of place.

(As you know, the F11 key is useful in viewing something as large as this screencast - to get to full screen in a browser if needed.)

When I get some time, I'll try to determine what triggers the anomaly. It is not a simple matter. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't. It might be related to having a sound clip on a boundary between two video clips. But even if so, that isn't the sole factor.

Thanks for your reply, at least I now know that the procedure does sometimes work.

Hi, Nat. I did it with photos and the same bad result happens.

Just put one of your audio clips on a boundary between two videos or photos. Then you'll see the bad result.

Btw, I made the screencast with the free software Jing, and they also give free 2GB accounts on their screencast.com

(I have the free VP 2.22)