Throttling connection speeds

WaveJam

Hi All...

I'm running a paid version of Broadwave v1.03 and my question is... Can I make ALL connections to my Broadwave server lock at something like 8 or 16 kbps? I'm not pumping music through it, in fact, its just a fire/police scanner. Quality doesn't need to be great. The other night I had 60 connections all locked in at 64kbps. My circuit can handle that but I believe 8 or 16 will be fine for what I'm doing and I want to prune as much traffic on my circuit as possible.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

In the broadwave program menu go into OPTIONS and you can set the minimum connection speed to 8,16,32,64 kbps then change your link to reflect the change,what is the link out of interest.

Cheers Ian.S

Hi All...

I'm running a paid version of Broadwave v1.03 and my question is... Can I make ALL connections to my Broadwave server lock at something like 8 or 16 kbps? I'm not pumping music through it, in fact, its just a fire/police scanner. Quality doesn't need to be great. The other night I had 60 connections all locked in at 64kbps. My circuit can handle that but I believe 8 or 16 will be fine for what I'm doing and I want to prune as much traffic on my circuit as possible.

Any suggestions? Thanks!