Rendering

Parallax

I was wondering, is it possible to render out multiple things at once? For example: If I have some hour of footage, and I'd like to set it into 15 minuet parts, is there any way I can set them all to render and once and walk away?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, by render, I meant to save as data. I've been working with VP for a little while now, and am very satisfied. But, my only issue so far is that with the situations I have, videos are preferably in 15 min segments. Previously I would just sit there and every time it finished simply enter the new times for it to save as, which is by no means a difficult task, but I was curious as to if it was possible to save it in 15 min segments by one sequence of presses, rather than waiting until the earlier segment finished.

I appreciate your help, and will defiantly try the create chapters function.

Thanks,

Tyler

...if it was possible to save it in 15 min segments by one sequence of presses, rather than waiting until the earlier segment finished...

Coming in late here, but just to add my 2 cents.

You're speaking of "save selection," as opposed to "save." That is, you want to SELECT fifteen-minute segments and save them. At the same time having several of these selections saved automatically--set it up and walk away.

I don't know of any program that will do this (though there could be thousands I don't know about), but it sounds like a job for VirtualDub, which I often use hand in hand with VideoPad.

The secret here is VirtualDub's "Direct Stream Copy" options. Video ~> Direct Stream Copy, and Audio ~> Direct Steam Copy.

Set for Direct Stream Copy, VirtualDub is very, very fast, and it makes no changes to the vid, it simply copies. Much faster than saving separate clips.

So it would not be a dealie to have VideoPad save a master, so to speak, and use VirtualDub to extract any number if segments from the master. In fact, hmmm, now that I think about it, I think that might be just the way to do some things.

Of course...now you have another program to learn, so the cure might be worse than the disease. Still, it might be an option to consider.

Coming in late here, but just to add my 2 cents.

You're speaking of "save selection," as opposed to "save." That is, you want to SELECT fifteen-minute segments and save them. At the same time having several of these selections saved automatically--set it up and walk away.

I don't know of any program that will do this (though there could be thousands I don't know about), but it sounds like a job for VirtualDub, which I often use hand in hand with VideoPad.

The secret here is VirtualDub's "Direct Stream Copy" options. Video ~> Direct Stream Copy, and Audio ~> Direct Steam Copy.

Set for Direct Stream Copy, VirtualDub is very, very fast, and it makes no changes to the vid, it simply copies. Much faster than saving separate clips.

So it would not be a dealie to have VideoPad save a master, so to speak, and use VirtualDub to extract any number if segments from the master. In fact, hmmm, now that I think about it, I think that might be just the way to do some things.

Of course...now you have another program to learn, so the cure might be worse than the disease. Still, it might be an option to consider.

Thanks, that sounds exactly like what I needed.

May I ask, though, where exactly can you find this elusive "Save selection" button? I can't seem to find it.

I will also try VirtualDub,

Thanks a lot!

...where exactly can you find this elusive "Save selection" button?...

Whoops, I mixed apples and oranges. I see I gave the impression that VideoPad does have a "Save Selection" command. Sorry I got your hopes up, but this is not so.

My whole idea was to turn out an all-inclusive video with VideoPad, then extract the sections, or clips, you want with VirtualDub.

Neither VideoPad nor VirtualDub has a "Save Selection" command per se. However, VirtualDub does have a Save Selection function, although it has no specific name.

In VirtualDub, with a video loaded, a section/clip of the video can be selected in the timeline at the bottom. The selection is indicated by a blue line.

If you then click File ~> Save as AVI, VirtualDub saves only the section/clip indicated by the blue line. This is what I'm speaking of as a Save Selection command, in fact although not in name.

(If nothing is selected, then of course File ~> Save as AVI saves the entire video.)

With a section/clip selected, and VirtualDub set to "Direct Stream Copy" in both Video and Audio, the process is very fast. Obviously there are variables, but I just Direct-Stream-Copied a 1-gig clip in some 48 seconds. With the small file sizes that VideoPad turns out (I wonder how it does that?) the process should fly.

Of course this whole idea might or might not serve your particular purpose. Just tossing it out as a thought.

...Does Videopad automatically update itself (version wise)? Or must I do something manually to update it?...

Good question, and the short answer is no, no automatic updates.

The longer answer is so vague it's not worth giving. It's the kind of thing one should examine for oneself.

At the main page (nch.com.au), scroll to the search box at the bottom. Search for "update" (sans quotes).

The implication I get is that no updates are included in the sales price, but there is a discount on updates for license holders. Or maybe I have it wrong.