Cannot make mp4 movie

creigs

I successfully made one mp4 movie from a project originally created in an earlier version of VideoPad. I attempted to do the same with a second project. The first time I tried, I opened the browse box to select the file name, and hit "Open". Next, I hit the button "Ok" to save the movie and VideoPad just hung -- nothing happening. I eventually forced the program to stop through the task manager. Ever since, whenever I try to create an mp4 movie, VideoPad crashes as soon as I open the browse box to select the directory/file name. I tried different projects. I even tried to "repair" and "uninstall"/"install" VideoPad, but still the same results.

The uninstall/install itself seems to be a problem. It appears that it doesn't completely removes VideoPad. When I install again, all it does is start up the VideoPad program -- it seems to see that the program is already there and doesn't actually reinstall it. It seems like the problem is more in one of the settings file, but these are not fixed by reinstalling.

I want to completely wipe out the VideoPad program and reinstall from scratch to try to clear up this problem, but I'm afraid if I don't get rid of the right stuff, it will just make it worse, and it won't install itself correctly.

At this point, my copy of VideoPad is useless. If this cannot be fixed, I'd like my money back for the "pro" version. I've only made one 2-minute movie with it.

...The uninstall/install itself seems to be a problem. It appears that it doesn't completely remove VideoPad...

Just guessing wildly, buy you might try this:

Uninstall VideoPad. Restart (restarting is important).

Click though My Computer ~> C: ~> Program Files.

In the Program Files folder, delete the folder named NCH Software. This folder contains VideoPad. NOTE: It also contains any other NCH programs you have, so if you have more than one don't do any of this.

Deleting the program folder (NCH Software) will hopefully remove the records VideoPad leaves behind after an uninstall (most programs leave traces behind, it doesn't hurt or change anything).

Restart (important) and again install VideoPad.

This might or might not help because program settings are saved in various places on a computer, but it might be worth a try.

If you don't have the NCH Software folder inside the Program Files folder, well, this idea was no good in the first place. But might help.