PROBLEM WHEN BURNING AUDIO WITH ZERO TIME BETWEEN TRACKS

PTCruzin

Hello Again, (mssg originally sent to NCH support 12/3/10 1:45am)

I just sent a problem mssg regarding the previous version before the patch of 4.40.

I am having the same problem with 4.40 as I did with the previous version.

Same thing as far as ripping and burning - everything looks OK - program screen shows each track being ripped, and burned with "zero (0) seconds between tracks".

Here's what happens when I try to play the burnt disc.

The led screen on the cd player shows the 20 tracks are on the disc. When I hit play the 1st track plays and shows the actual time of the song - no problems. But, when track 1 ends and it proceeds to track 2 the led shows the time to be -99min (which we know can't be). If I let the disc play - after trk 2 ends it proceeds to and starts playing the 3rd song but the led still shows track 2 with now -96min remaining on the disc.

Now, if track one is playing and I hit the advance to play trk 2, trk 2 will start but as soon as it does it keeps repeating the first data it reads over and over again.

If I advance the player to track 3 nothing happens; the player doesn't recognize there is even a disc in the player.

I have had to throw away 7 discs so far. The first 6 were after I found out they had this problem. The 7th was after I downloaded version 4.40 and tried to use that with zero (0) time between tracks.

Like I previously mentioned, the earlier version (of which I don't recall) which was at least 2 yrs old (you probably have record of which version I purchased way be when, worked fine - no problems at all when burning with zero (0) time between tracks.

Please let me know what the next step is.

If the problem cannot be resolved, I will be requesting my money back.

Regards

Scott W

s.waterman@myactv.net

• 5 weeks later...

Hello onlyonedr,

Sorry to hear you are having the same / similar problems I am with express burn. Back in September my pc was hit by a virus. At that time I was using an earlier version (thinking it was 3.4) of express burn and it worked fine - no problems when burning with zero sec between tracks. During the PC repair express burn got deleted so I had to reorder express burn which was the version before the 4.40 patch. The previous version is the one where I first encountered the problem. Then I saw something from NCH which said they had detected some problems with that version and came up with the 4.40 patch version. So I downloaded the 4.40 v which said it would automatically revise / update the version I already had on my pc.

After doing so I again tried to burn with zero (0) seconds between tracks and had the same problem. So I tried burning with 1 sec between tracks and that works fine. But I need the program to burn with zero (0) sec between tracks. When I contacted NCH they suggested I delete the express burn and start from scratch with a new download of 4.40 but experienced the same problem.

As you can see from my original submission, I tried to give as much information as I could so the programmers would be able to duplicate and find the problem(s).

With you informing NCH you are having the same problem(s), I'd bet there are others who are / have experienced the same problems.

Maybe now they will recheck their programming to correct the problem.

I would appreciate any additional feedback you may have or any info you may have been given by NCH. s.waterman@myactv.net

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in communication with NCH, they are of no help at the moment. On one of my CD players I can actually play the CD but the elapsed time counter is all screwy (acts like it counts "backwards"). One of my other CD players always faults out. It acts like Track 1 is fine, then advances to Track 2 where the rest of the audio program is (according to the player's display). If I attempt to advance or skip backwards the player faults out.

I have now tried the same brand of blank CDs on another computer that has Roxio and I have no trouble copying and using the discs, so I am convinced it is a software issue with Express Burn. CDs with even a 1-second gap play correctly when burned from my computer with Express Burn so I know the CD recorder drive works OK.

I have been in communication with NCH, they are of no help at the moment. On one of my CD players I can actually play the CD but the elapsed time counter is all screwy (acts like it counts "backwards"). One of my other CD players always faults out. It acts like Track 1 is fine, then advances to Track 2 where the rest of the audio program is (according to the player's display). If I attempt to advance or skip backwards the player faults out.

I have now tried the same brand of blank CDs on another computer that has Roxio and I have no trouble copying and using the discs, so I am convinced it is a software issue with Express Burn. CDs with even a 1-second gap play correctly when burned from my computer with Express Burn so I know the CD recorder drive works OK.

• 2 months later...

This has been fixed and will be in the next release of Express Burn. Thanks much to PTCruzin for helping us to track it down!

In the meantime, if possible, try a different burner to create the disc. It seems that some burners were able to correct the way we were writing the disc.

This has been fixed and will be in the next release of Express Burn. Thanks much to PTCruzin for helping us to track it down!

In the meantime, if possible, try a different burner to create the disc. It seems that some burners were able to correct the way we were writing the disc.

Hello N_C_H_DS,

So glad to hear you guys were able to correct the problem(s). I was glad to help. I sent an affected disk so you could see first hand for yourselves what I had tried to explain the problem was. Please let us Express Burn users know when the next release takes place so we can install the corrected version. Again, thanks for taking the time to delve into the problem and correcting it. Best Regards Scott Waterman