Dictation Name (V 5.20)

rachelswan

In earlier versions of Express Dictate the Dictation Names were auto-generated and sequentially numbered, for example "Dictation 247, Dictation 248. . .".

Now, with Version 5.20, the Dictation name is being auto-generated with the date/time. This is not helpful in logging dictation files, not to mention that there already exists both date and time columns so this is also redundant.

I've tried making changes under Options->Sending->Format but nothing seems to work.

Suggestions would be much appreciated as this is interfering with our ability to track/log dictation files.

Rachel Swan

Swans' Office Services

• 3 weeks later...

I too would like to know an asnwer to this question. The Dictation Number is more useful to me than the Date and Time as the name for each dictation in the "User Friendly" Express Dictate box, however I cannot figure out how to make this change in v.5.23 so that it works like older versions.

John

• 2 months later...

I agree

Our organization has been using express dictate for many years on XP.

We are considering going to windows 7 and we have started a trial test of ED 5.23.

We have found that the change of the Dictation name from previous of Dictation x to the current date and time stamp is a backwards step, causing significant confusion to transcription.

Not only that, we have found we cannot forward dictations to other transcriptionists unless we change the dictation name. In defence, this may be due to some config problems that we have not understood yet, and we have downloaded the new express scribe with no luck so far.

Also, we have found the microphone setup for the classic speechmike 5262 on windows 7 and ED 523 to be problematic also, with the default volumes too high, such that the default recordings are distorted

Very timeconsuming and confusing to try and fix.

Consequently, we are having to consider changing to another dictation system.

Its a pity as ED has served us well for many years.