DialDictate deletes dictation instead of sending!

terence

:unsure: Hi please could someone who knows anything about this issue, to please inform me of any information as I am stumped. When pressing '1' to send a dictation, the system says "dictation deleted". It was working before, now more and more this is happening. Tried recreating user, doesn't fix it. It is affecting multiple users, however, some are not affected. HELP please, thanx.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've seen this same thing happen also. I have the record menu key assignments set to behave similar to a dictaphone system, and it started doing the same thing as you stated above. I had the # key set to send, and when it was pressed, it would say "dictation deleted". My issue turned out to be a disk space issue. If it doesn't record any dictation for any reason, the send key will reply that the dictation has been deleted. Test it by doing the simulator and turning off the mic in your pc, then hitting the send key. you will probably get the "dictation deleted" message. Low system resources, as mentioned by Roy Lupton, can also cause this type of problem. My particualr setup is running win2k on a P233, and it tends to lag if it gets overloaded. I hope this helps.

• 7 months later...

I have that same issue as well. Our PC is a brand new Dell Dimension 3000 with 256 Meg ram, 2.39 GHz Celeron, and Windows XP pro SP2. This setup was as generic as possible, no key re-assignments, etc. It worked perfectly at first, but after testing several dozen times (needed as this system is going to be used for an executive here), it started to randomly delete the dictation instead of sending it. The DD logs even show that the asterisk (star) key was pressed, and successfully sent the dictation, but right after that, when dialing in again to test, the star key produced a deleted dictation?!?!? DD log shows that the star key was correctly pressed. There is nothing else loaded on this machine, and it is in a corporate environment behind a secure pix firewall. I have spoken with our telephone technician about possible DTMF issues, and was told that we are using normal DTMF. Any thoughts? Is this a problem with DD software? Also, we purchased and installed a Voice 2LV+ board with easy TAPI.

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue. I have 60 gb free on the hard drive. We are using a intel dual core processor with 1 gb of ram with a dialogic D4 PCI card on a windows 2000 professional OS platform. Can anyone help???

anytime a user tries to send it says "dictation deleted"

tried putting the whole setup on a new computer still the same problem. Is it dial dictate or the board?

It will definitely do this if the system hasn't recorded anything. If there is no recording in the file and you try to save it - it will say "Dictation Deleted" for some reason. Is this happening on all of your lines and all of the time? If so - I bet you aren't recording anything.