sequence preview are problem

goneferal

Newbie here, I downloaded the free version and really want to make this work. The preview area in the top right corner appears to have a bug or some sort of problem. It will not show my clips and sometimes has text that says there are no clips in the sequence. I have four clips below in the video timeline (4 photo images with transitions and effects). If I click the full screen preview, the clips will play with their effects and transitions just fine. What to I do to get the preview area to work? Any help would really be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Newbie here, I downloaded the free version and really want to make this work. The preview area in the top right corner appears to have a bug or some sort of problem. It will not show my clips and sometimes has text that says there are no clips in the sequence. I have four clips below in the video timeline (4 photo images with transitions and effects). If I click the full screen preview, the clips will play with their effects and transitions just fine. What to I do to get the preview area to work? Any help would really be appreciated.

Sorry I can't help you but I have the same problem but the other way around. I have a picture in the top portion but have a job getting all the pictures down below. If I keep trying and keep clicking on the area below I eventually can get them.

• 2 weeks later...

HI

What format images are you putting on the sequence line?

I have the evaluation version (v2.12) of VP which for me works OK. I are trying to emulate your problem.

I have placed several image formats into the Media list window where they list up OK.

These include jpegs bitmaps, tiffs, and gifs.

Under normal circumstances without anything being in the sequence line, if you right click the name of your image in the Media list window, it will open into the lefthand preview screen.

I have noted that gifs, jpegs and tiffs open ok but bitmaps (.bmp) will not open into the left hand preview window.

I can add gifs, jpegs and tiffs to the sequence and they will preview in the left hand window and will play ok in the right hand window. They also preview in both if the image is selected from the sequence line.

However bitmaps (.bmp) appear to load when dragged to the sequence line but in fact only appear as a black image. They will not preview in either window and if incorporated in the middle of a sequence they will delay the sequence playing on time beyond that pont.Clicking the bitmap "image" will leave the previous clip in situ in the preview window.

It seems you cannot use bitmap images in your project. Are some of your images bitmaps???

Brian,

Click into timeline mode. Normally you will see all the images/clips entered into the sequence squeezed onto the sequence line. However if the slider at the bottom right is not set at zero(-) (ie at the left hand end) your sequence line will have expanded and will be off the screen to the right. To see all the images in the sequence slide the button the the (-) end.If you are in the storyboard mode there will be a slider bar at the bottom.

Nat

Hello there. I am also having a sequence problem, although I can't seem to get the sequence screen to work at all. No matter what video file format I use, the sequence screen doesn't work. I'm able to edit based on what I hear and preview my project, but I can't view as I go. It worked in the very beginning, but not for long. Is there a solution for this?

Hi

Really don't know. Had you changed anything when this started to happen?

If you click on a video clip or an image in the media list it should preview in the left hand window (apart from bmps in my version). Does it?

If you drag and drop the clip/image on the sequence line when in storyboard mode or timeline mode, it should appear briefly in the left hand preview window but when released on the line it should then appear in the right hand preview window. Does it?

If you then re-click on the clip it should appear in both windows. Does it?

If it doesn't appear in the right hand window I have no idea why.

Perhaps you could download VP again.

A trouble shooting guide would be of help.

Nat

It does appear on the left when I select it from the media list, but it does not appear on the right when I add it to the sequence.

If I still have my registration and activation codes, can I safely uninstall and reinstall the software?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I don't know as I am using the free evaluation version. Sorry

Nat

I did reinstall the software successfully, and the problem still exists. Any idea what else I can try, or where else I can take my issue? The troubleshooting guide doesn't seem to offer any assistance about this.