converted doc is blank

Guest Kris Koukias

Guest Kris Koukias

I converted a docx document to doc and when I open it, it is blank. Have tried it a couple times and each time the same thing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I converted a docx document to doc and when I open it, it is blank. Have tried it a couple times and each time the same thing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same with me. I'm gonna uninstall the program since it seems they don't care whether it works or not judging by the lack of response you've had.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Same happened here today - the program seems to work well - it's quick at converting - but the doc files it creates from docx are all blank. This makes the program useless. What a shame the programmers haven't responded to your feedback yet since we won't just write off Doxillion, but anything else the firm makes.

Germany, 21 Dec. 2010

• 2 months later...

From Ted,Feb.20,2011

Downloaded the program 2 weeks ago and it worked great. Today attempted to convert PDF file to DOC, as in the past, and it comes up Blank.

Multiple times, same result. Like it just stopped working...

From Ted,Feb.20,2011

Downloaded the program 2 weeks ago and it worked great. Today attempted to convert PDF file to DOC, as in the past, and it comes up Blank.

Multiple times, same result. Like it just stopped working...

We've looked into DOCX not converting to DOC and have found a couple of cases where a blank document would be produced. Hopefully, we'll have those fixed soon. As for PDF, there are PDFs where the text is stored internally as an image (to prevent editing) so those will indeed create a blank document. Could this be the cause for you?

Guest m mendes

I have also tried to convert from docx to doc without success. I am working in Windows vista platform.

Too bad!

• 2 years later...

I just downloaded the program (free version) today because I need to convert a whole lot of .wps files to something that can be read by most people. I tried converting a .wps file to .docx, .doc, .pdf & .rtf to see which one looked the best. They all turned out pretty good except the .doc file which is blank like the others have pointed out. I then tried to convert the .docx, .pdf & .rtf files to .doc. I got a conversion error for all three. I then tried converting a .txt file to .doc & it came up blank as well. That is pretty sad, that & the fact they have not fixed it during all this time.

• 6 months later...

Last I was told, they could not duplicate the problem of it creating a blank .doc. I even sent them the original file.

I agree there is a bug in their code somewhere.

I finally found a free trial of Works & used it to convert the files.

It's a shame they won't let us submit screen shots of what's going on instead for pulling the old tired, "If we can't get it to do it, it must be your imagination." card.