upgrade computer; old Dial Dictate

shayndel

I have Dial Dictate v 4.05 on a computer running Windows 98.

I am about to get a new computer running Windows XP. Can I use the same Dial Dictate program on the new computer?

Is there a difference between this version and the newest version of Dial Dictate?

Thanks!

Hi,

As long as you have your original executable and license key it should work fine on XP. Your original license key will not work to register any version newer than your original purchase + 3 months.

Please see this link for changes - it does not include the 2 most recent updates yet, but those were just minor bug fixes.

DJ

Hi,

As long as you have your original executable and license key it should work fine on XP. Your original license key will not work to register any version newer than your original purchase + 3 months.

Please see this link for changes - it does not include the 2 most recent updates yet, but those were just minor bug fixes.

DJ

Per your response, if I purchased a user license 5+ years ago, I will have to purchase a new license for the new version of Dial Dictate, is that correct? Is there an upgrade price? I ended up getting a Windows 7 computer for my new computer.

Also, I have 2 computers and sometimes I use one and sometimes the other one. Can I install Dial Dictate on both computers and use the same license? The same user is dictating on both computers.

Thanks for your help!

Sally