Foot Pedal Controller Map

Guest xscriptionist

Guest xscriptionist

I am using an Infinity Food Pedal with the latest version of Express Scribe on Mac OS 10.5.8. In addition to the known (but still unfixed) problem of the addition of the food pedal causing my CPU to use up to 100% of its processing power, I am also unable to change the pedal functions within the Express Scribe. I know exactly where the menu is, and I am able to pull up the drop-down menu for each button (Left, Middle, Right), however when I click on a new function for a button (Jump Back 5 Seconds, for example) nothing changes in the menu and it just remains at its default setting. Any ideas of what might be going on here? Is this a problem with my foot pedal specifically, Express Scribe software, or a compatibility issue between the two? Any solutions?

Thanks!

(The answer to this question is really only useful if the CPU issue is fixed first, as I will not wear my computer out by using 100% of my processing power to dictate. But I hope that both of these problems can be fixed, because I don't think either of us, users or developers, want problems with the software!)

Guest xscriptionist

I am using an Infinity Food Pedal with the latest version of Express Scribe on Mac OS 10.5.8. In addition to the known (but still unfixed) problem of the addition of the food pedal causing my CPU to use up to 100% of its processing power, I am also unable to change the pedal functions within the Express Scribe. I know exactly where the menu is, and I am able to pull up the drop-down menu for each button (Left, Middle, Right), however when I click on a new function for a button (Jump Back 5 Seconds, for example) nothing changes in the menu and it just remains at its default setting. Any ideas of what might be going on here? Is this a problem with my foot pedal specifically, Express Scribe software, or a compatibility issue between the two? Any solutions?

Thanks!

(The answer to this question is really only useful if the CPU issue is fixed first, as I will not wear my computer out by using 100% of my processing power to TRANSCRIBE. But I hope that both of these problems can be fixed, because I don't think either of us, users or developers, want problems with the software!)

Edited.

Guest Louko

I have the same problem. I just received the Infinity foot pedal, but it is not of much use if I cannot change the functions (I use skip 5 sec and not rewind).

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...